To help with exam preparation, the following ASP Certification materials are available for complimentary download:
The book on the ASP Body of Knowledge is available and free to ASP Members and for purchase for Non Members. Click on the image to purchase and download.
ASP Exam Preparation
- ASP BOK Statements Summary
One page matrix showing the number of task statements for each competency area of Content, Process and Structure under the four rubrics of Lead-Think-Plan-Act.
ASP 10 Best Practices for Qualifying Frameworks
How to Prepare to Pass the ASP Examination
- SMP Level II Self Assessment Workbook*
60 pages with background materials and the SMP Level II competencies organized in a self-assessment format. Available for electronic download at no charge (or for purchase as hardcopy).
To prepare a Certification Study Plan, see available material on the ASP website, download the appropriate BOK Self-Assessment Workbook (~60 pages each), and conduct a Self-Assessment to identify needed learnings and where to focus study efforts. If focus is SMP, download the BOK Framework Overview (28 pages) to be able to see all 164 certification competencies upon which both exams are based, grouped into the four rubrics of LPTA, as compared to the Self-Assessment workbooks which have the competency statements only for their own focus level. Build a specific Study Plan and study for this Exam just as one would for any other important degree. It should include the following:
- Review the Sample Exam Questions on the ASP Website to gain familiarity with the kinds of questions for which to prepare.
- Consider attending ASP REP programs or purchasing their books and training materials to fill in learning needs. The Certification Exam Prep Guides developed by ASP REPS and on the New Association Products webpage have sample 160-question Practice Exams for both the SPP and SMP levels. See the Qualified List of REPs webpage for details of webinars, workshops, books and materials, as well as certificate programs that can help with exam preparation.
- Prepare for the Examination by forming Chapter Study Groups using the Lead-Think-Plan-Act Framework. Have Chapter speakers and meetings focus on the Lead-Think-Plan-Act, and check with REPs for availability as speakers.
- Use the PTC Testing Software Demo